
So I always figured football involved a pigskin and soccer involved that plastic ball with hexagons on it.- Boy was I wrong! So for one thing, English "Footballers" (soccer players...) don't have the two jerseys that you would think- home/away, oh no they have to have a third in case their colors clash! How crazy is that?! So for 1/2 of the very first soccer- oh excuse me Football game I ever watched, I was cheering for the wrong team, because I thought I knew what their colors were... But- I was wrong. And the ball doesn't have hexagons on it- it has STARS! And there are so many rules that no one can keep up with, apart from crazy fans, and all of that silly soccer lingo to have to keep up with too- MADNESS! So imagine being dropped into a house full of English boys who have been obsessed with "Football" all of their lives and trying to keep up and not sound like a complete fool. Well mission UN-accomplished... but that's ok. I had fun.

But for now, I think I will stick to my basketball and football- REAL FOOTBALL, the one with the 100 yard field- because English Football is incredibly foreign to me and is WAAAAY too complicated for my taste- Oh and another thing, the field for soccer is GINORMOUS! It's like 2 times the size of a football field! Oh well, one English thing I DO like - and understand- is English Chocolate :) yummmm!
Katherine, you weren't cheering for the wrong team! If it's English football, Chelsea all the way! If it's German football, Bayern Munchen! And if it is Italian football, AC Milan and then Barcelona all the way! Lets straighten Glenn out :)
ReplyDelete