"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV

Sunday, April 18, 2010

D-Now 2010

So we were at Disciple Now (D-Now) up at Gainesville United Methodist and I was the lone wolf from UBC, but I had loads of fun with all the girls and Jordan... and Joesph :P It was a LOOOONG weekend, but fun. so first things first, we all got name tags which no one needed but me because they all knew eachother. But they came in handy. And on the devotional there was this picture, notice there's no door knob...
Then driving in on Saturday morning we saw this very ambitious German Shepherd... a little self explanitory going 55 down 29 because our Stay Home was in Warrenton... 25 minutes away, but it made us wake up, and it allowed for a little grogginesss time.
There were two songs that were played throughout the weekend by Defying Chaos,
See His Love:

And Isaac's super cool guitar!
And How He loves us!


And their giant Sanctuary, well the entire church was big! but very pretty :)
And my lovely group of girls waiting for our pizza so we could watch our almost winning video scavenger hunt... so close :P
Us in worship this morning, all very sleepy, but very happy :)
After worship Ron explained his ministry in Zambia and how these bracelets are made by women there to raise money for the orphanage there so we were all given one because Drew bought them...
Which leads us to DREW, who was an awesome leader and he put up with all our jokes...
And I mean ALL.... (Twizzlers....)
It was an awesome weekend and I can't wait for next year! So I can make sure I'm in the car, hopefully twizzler free, buckled in, door shut (LOOOOONG story, but Bungie chords are helpful), and not a beach bum!
Matthew 7:24-29, Philippians 4:6, 1 John 4:18, John 14:27, James 1:22, Matthew 6:19, John 18:32, John 8:12, 1 John 2:9-11, Luke 2:28-32, Psalm 103, John 1:5, Psalm 27:1, Luke 1:78-79, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Hebrews 12:1, Philippians 3, Proverbs 3:5-6, 1 Peter 3:15, 1 Timothy 4:7, Jeremiah 29:11-13, 1 Corinthians 12:31, Luke 24:13-35, 1 Corinthians 9:24-25

1 comment:

  1. WOW, I think your post covered the entire weekend! I love how that picture of us waiting for lunch has those 2 MS boys holding their sodas... they had waaay too much caffeine in a 48-hour period :)

    Had such a wonderful time with you; thanks for coming, K!

    ReplyDelete