"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV
Sunday, January 27, 2013
Funny the Way It Is
Not to blatantly steal an idea from Dave Matthews, but it is kind of ironic the way things turn out sometimes. I am most definitely a relater- an empathizer, and so when things happen in my life that I wish hadn't, the loss (in different ways) of a friend, a boyfriend, my grandfather, and any number of other things, I wish that there could be someone who could empathize with me. And sometimes there is- but more often than not, I've found, that I've been the first of those in my support circle to deal with something, and then it happens over and over again to those in my support circle afterwards- and I know how to help them! Which is wonderful considering that I love helping people. It's just kind of funny that it keeps happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment