"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
A New Start
I am starting my first semester of Social Work classes at JMU and have already dug my hands into some great volunteering opportunities. I am a Big Sister through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, I am a voluntary note taker for JMU disability services for my health class, I will be helping out adults with mental disabilities. I am so excited to meet and work with and for all of the people I can touch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment