"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV

Friday, February 15, 2013

Motivation- Moving On (Up in the World)

 
So I am doing some re-evaluation of the cards I've been handed, and I've made a discovery- I don't have to do it all! I can simply do what I want to do (and what I have to do- parents aren't paying $64,000 for me not to do my school work). The Type-C, people-pleaser in me thinks I am obligated to everyone on the face of the planet, but I am saying no. (a word the Type-C has no clue of the meaning of.) I am no good to anyone if I am stretched to my limits. My first priority is to myself to keep myself healthy, and my second is to everyone I care about, which is just about everyone on the planet. I am going to put all of my energy into my community service, my Church, my friends and family, and lastly, but no less important, my school work. I refuse to settle for anything less than the very best I can be. So, this lent I will be working on all of this in my personal journey, don't stop me now (but seriously, only two days in- that would be very disappointing).

No comments:

Post a Comment