"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

what I SHOULD be doing with my life...

As it is the first day back at school where I actually have a substantial amount of homework to do (only took 3 days!), I am, of course, doing anything but studying. So the first thing I "should" be doing is my homework, which I'm currently not, because what I'm actually doing is thinking about what I should be doing (and plan to do) with my life after graduation. (A full 6 semesters away, mind you...) This semester I will continue to be a mentor to my Little Sister, through Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County, as well as become a respite caregiver (for class credit!) for a child with special needs in the area AND I will be spending a few, or more likely more than a few, hours a week in a local nursing home (also for class credit!). I am so terribly excited for all that I will do this semester and onward that I can hardly focus on what I should do, and what I have to do, to get myself there! So for now, I'll be reading for all of my Gen-Ed classes, but I know where I'm going (oh hey, Granddaddy)- I'll be helping everyone that comes into my path and loving every second of it, because that's what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment