"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Full Plate... Happy Belly

So this semester, I am taking on a LOT, and that's putting it modestly, but I am so terribly excited for things already under way and things to come! On top of taking 16 credits and being super active in my campus ministry, I will spend much of my free time volunteering at a local assisted living facility, providing respite care for a local child with special needs, and continuing to be a Big Sister with Big Brothers, Big Sisters. My plate will be full, but I'm sure it will lead to my cup running over as well. I am at my best and am most content with myself when I am doing things for others, and that's EXACTLY how I will be spending this semester, thus leaving me with a happy, content feeling like that after a delicious Thanksgiving meal surrounded by the people you love. I'm ready to dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment