"And when that day comes, I'll also give thanks for all those buckets who brought me to this welling moment" -Macrina Wiederkehr, A Tree Full of Angels
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world. -James 1:27 NRSV
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Patrick Serving Jesus
So, I always wondered why St. Patrick's Day was so important, other than an excuse to wear green (as if I need one) or an excuse for people who can to drink. (As per the "usual" stereotypes). But I learned today that St. Patrick was a Scottish man who was enslaved by the Irish, who were pagan, and during his captivity he prayed to God and God spoke to him. God told him how to escape from his captors. He left and reunited with his family, but the Irish pagans begged him to come back and help them, for they knew he was a devout man, and he preached the Gospel to them and converted them to Christianity. If you ask me, this IS reason to celebrate all day long, a holiday filled with Jesus and lots of green, what could be better?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment